|Registration Number:||SGD 65|
|Chassis Type:||Leyland Titan PD2/24|
|Body Type And Seating:||Alexander H33/28R|
|Date New:||October 1958|
|Original Operator (Fleet Number):||Glasgow Corporation (L163)|
L163 entered service with Glasgow Corporation in 1958 from Parkhead Garage.
L163 transferred with the rest of the fleet from Glasgow Corporation to GGPTE in 1973, and moved to Larkfield in 1975. Although withdrawn from service in 1976, L163 spent a further 4 years in use as a depot shunter at Langside Garage and was sold into preservation in November 1980.
It unexpectedly returned to service on the Glasgow City Tour run by Glasgow Corporation Transport Limited between 2003-4.
Sold with the Tour business to First Glasgow in March 2004, this bus was numbered PD3, or 39997 in the First national numbering scheme, and once again ran from Larkfield Depot.
Finally, it was sold to Glasgow City Council for a return to preservation in 2006.