|Registration Number:||HGG 359|
|Chassis Type:||Thornycroft Nippy HF/ER4|
|Body Type And Seating:||Croft B20F|
|Date New:||July 1950|
|Original Operator (Fleet Number):||MacBraynes (149)|
This bus may be the second oldest Macbrayne vehicle preserved.
Most small buses in the Macbrayne fleet were based on lorry chassis to give good ground clearance. This one has a Glasgow built "Croft" body and seats 20 passengers.
During its time with Macbrayne it was based at Tobermory Garage, Isle of Mull. In 1962 it was sold to a small Argyll coach operator M. MacLachlan & Son, Tayvallich who ran it on service and schools for 12 years.
During its stay here the petrol engine was replaced by a Ford Diesel engine which proved to be more economical. In 1974 a MacBrayne Circle member bought the bus after many years of dry storage and the bus has since changed hands.
HGG 359 can be seen at many rallies during each summer. During the winter months it is garaged here at Fordneuk Street and returns to its base at Stonehaven for the summer.