|Registration Number:||FYS 8 (Originally SGD 10)|
|Chassis Type:||Leyland Titan PD2/24|
|Body Type And Seating:||Glasgow Corporation O29/28R|
|Date New:||February 1959|
|Original Operator (Fleet Number):||Glasgow Corporation (L108)|
L108 was new to Glasgow Corporation with registration SGD 10, operating from Parkhead Garage. Over the next 8 years, it moved around a lot, being allocated to Gartcraig in 1961, Ibrox then Larkfield in 1962, Govan in 1964 & back to Larkfield in 1969. It transferred with the rest of the Glasgow Corporation fleet to GGPTE in 1973.
During the time with GGPTE, the bus was converted to open-top following accident damage while on driver training duties around December 1975. In 1979 it moved to Knightswood. With the rest of the GGPTE fleet, it joined the SPTE fleet in 1980. As an open–topper this was the only "Wee L" to transfer to Strathclyde Buses in 1986.
In February 1989, L108 was sold for preservation, and was re-registered LDS 388A around May 1991, then HSK 953 around March 1992.
In August 1999, L108 was sold to Mac Tours, Edinburgh. In April 2002, Mac Tours was bought by Lothian Buses, HSK 953 becoming fleet number 28.
In January 2003, L108 was again sold into preservation, which didn't last long. It unexpectedly returned to service, now registered FYS 8 on the Glasgow City Tour run by Glasgow Corporation Transport Limited between 2003-4.
Sold with the Tour business to First Glasgow in March 2004, this bus was numbered PD1, or 39998 in the First national numbering scheme, running once again from Larkfield Depot.
Its brief time with First Glasgow makes L108 the only bus ever to run for Glasgow Corporation, GGPTE, SPTE, Strathclyde Buses and First Glasgow. No other buses in existence can ever match this feat!
Finally, it was sold to Glasgow City Council for (yet another) return to preservation in 2006 and is presented in the livery it carried when new.