|Registration Number:||FVA 854|
|Chassis Type:||Albion Valiant CX39N|
|Body Type And Seating:||Duple C33F|
|Date New:||June 1950|
|Original Operator (Fleet Number):||Hutchison, Overtown|
Albion was established in 1899 in Glasgow, the second city of the Empire, already renowned worldwide for its engineering excellence. Their motto 'Sure as the Sunrise' was adapted into the logo which featured on the radiator and badges of their models for many years, and helped to establish their identity wherever they operated throughout the world.
One of the Albion Vehicle Preservation Society's own preserved Albions, FVA 854 is a 1950 CX39N "Valiant" with Duple 33 seat coachwork. It started life with Hutchison of Overtown but after only three and a half years passed to Tuer of Morland, near Penrith. After seven years with Tuer it returned north after being bought by Carmichael (operating as Highland Bus Service) of Glenboig. It was acquired for preservation by the AVPT in January 1967 after Carmichael was taken over by Alexander (Midland). It currently carries the livery of Western SMT.