|Registration Number:||FSL 615W|
|Chassis Type:||Bedford YMQ|
|Body Type And Seating:||Plaxton Supreme V C45F|
|Date New:||July 1980|
|Original Operator (Fleet Number):||Henderson, Markinch|
New to Henderson in July 1980, this vehicle is believed to have operated on behalf of Scotia Travel before passing to West Coast Motors in 1984. It was at West Coast that it would spend the next 21 years.
The Craig family established West Coast Motors in 1923 primarily to operate between Campbeltown and Tarbert. Through the following decades expansion came through developing the services or through acquiring other small operators. In the 1980s the latter policy saw the company taking over the operation of Midland Scottish's remote Ardrishaig operation. The company was also the first private operator to be contracted by Scottish Citylink in the days when it was still owned by the Scottish Bus Group and continues to operate Citylink services. West Coast also holds the franchise for City Sightseeing in Glasgow.
In 1999 the company purchased Oban & District, bringing the local buses around Oban and Lorne under their control, and more recently success in tendering has seen the former Stagecoach operations at Rothesay and Dunoon join the growing fleet.
FSL 615W operated in the traditional West Coast area, being based at Campbeltown depot until final withdrawal in June 2005. At that time it was bought and driven to the GVVT where some work has been carried out and it has been returned to the earlier version of the West Coast livery seen here.